Job Title: Outside Sales Rep – San Fernando Valley
Pay Rate: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Dynamic, fast-growing, independent food service/bakery distributor seeking an Outside Sales Representative. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to use their experience in sales to join a company that is willing to reward exceptional sales leaders with an uncapped compensation program and the opportunity no matter your level of education to earn a six-figure income or higher based on your hard work and persistence to close new accounts.
• Self-motivated high energy individual who likes the thrill of opening new accounts in the second largest county in Southern California.
• Family-owned company who started over 20 years ago focused on providing high quality products to over 3,500 bakery and donut customers in Southern California.
• Recently expanded warehouse to 120 thousand square feet and added additional trucks to support your new customers and items.
• Quick to respond to your customer needs without having to go through multiple level of approvals – one goal- take care of the customer first
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• Travel within your territory to meet prospects and customers.
• Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product information in a concise and timely manner.
• Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to suggest specific products and solutions.
• Suggest alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
• Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
• Educate customers about products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
• Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, and product initiatives.
• Contact customers following sales to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and to resolve any pending issues or concerns.
• Manage orders, communicating and following up with customers. Provide account status updates including performance, recent account activities, challenges and other relevant topics as requested.
• Identify new sales opportunities with accounts and provide new item information and pricing.
• Attend outside sales meetings and take part in sales activities, as needed.
• Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts.
• Preferred industry experience in the Foodservice, Bakery, Route Sales and Beverage.
• Entrepreneurial can-do attitude constantly looking for ways to improve.
• Out-going and have a passion for selling!
• Ability to create vision and strategy and make it come to life with actionable plans.
• Solutions oriented and customer focused. Have a proven track record of developing new business opportunities.
• Ability to penetrate and maximize existing accounts.
• Skilled in building and maintaining relationships.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Basic math skills.
• Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
• Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented and passion to excel.
• Flexible and solutions-oriented.
• High degree of business ethics.
For additional job information, please email or call: