We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative for the San Fernando Valley sales territory. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to use their experience in sales to join a company that is willing to reward exceptional sales leaders with an uncapped compensation program and the opportunity no matter your level of education to enjoy great benefits and earn a six-figure income or higher based on your hard work and persistence to close new accounts.
- Self-motivated high energy individual who likes the thrill of opening new accounts in the second largest county in Southern California.
- Family-owned company who started over 20 years ago focused on providing high quality products to over 3,500 bakery and donut customers in Southern California.
- Recently expanded warehouse to 120 thousand square feet and added additional trucks to support your new customers and items.
- Quick to respond to your customer needs without having to go through multiple level of approvals – one goal- take care of the customer first
- Based in San Fernando Valley (between Glendale & Thousand Oaks)
- Travel within San Fernando Area to meet prospects and customers.
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product information in a concise and timely manner.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to suggest specific products and solutions.
- Suggest alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Educate customers about products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, and product initiatives.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and to resolve any pending issues or concerns.
- Manage orders, communicating and following up with customers. Provide account status updates including performance, recent account activities, challenges and other relevant topics as requested.
- Identify new sales opportunities with accounts and provide new item information and pricing.
- Attend outside sales meetings and take part in sales activities, as needed.
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts.
- Preferred industry experience in the Foodservice, Bakery, Route Sales and Beverage.
- Preferred sales experience.
- Entrepreneurial can-do attitude constantly looking for ways to improve.
- Out-going and have a passion for selling!
- Ability to create vision and strategy and make it come to life with actionable plans.
- Solutions oriented and customer focused. Have a proven track record of developing new business opportunities.
- Ability to penetrate and maximize existing accounts.
- Skilled in building and maintaining relationships.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented and passion to excel.
- Flexible and solutions-oriented.
- High degree of business ethics.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Driver’s License (Required)
Daily travel is required throughout the assigned territory.
Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish), but not required.