Sunrise Achieves 2nd HAACP Certification
Sunrise Food Service recently underwent the HAACP evaluation process for the second year in a row and once again we achieved certification status. This preparation and third-party evaluation process to achieve Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point or HACCP certification status is rigorous and exacting. By undertaking and gaining this certification, we are demonstrating to all of our customers our commitment to producing and trading in safe food.
The HACCP audit focusses on the hazards that affect food safety and hygiene. HACCP certification is an international standard defining the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is built around seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits
- Establishes systems to monitor control critical control points
- Establishes corrective actions
- Establishes verification procedures
- Establish documentation and record keeping
We are very proud of this achievement and gratified by the safety measures we instituted and documented to gain the certification.