Job Title: Outside Sales Representative, San Fernando Valley
Pay Rate: TBD
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative for the San Fernando Valley sales territory. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to use their experience in sales to join a company that is willing to reward exceptional sales leaders with an uncapped compensation program and the opportunity no matter your level of education to enjoy great benefits and earn a six-figure income or higher based on your hard work and persistence to close new accounts.
• Self-motivated high energy individual who likes the thrill of opening new accounts in the second largest county in Southern California.
• Family-owned company who started over 20 years ago focused on providing high quality products to over 3,500 bakery and donut customers in Southern California.
• Recently expanded warehouse to 120 thousand square feet and added additional trucks to support your new customers and items.
• Quick to respond to your customer needs without having to go through multiple level of approvals – one goal- take care of the customer first
• Based in San Fernando Valley (between Glendale & Thousand Oaks)
• Travel within San Fernando Area to meet prospects and customers.
• Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product information in a concise and timely manner.
• Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to suggest specific products and solutions.
• Suggest alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
• Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
• Educate customers about products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
• Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, and product initiatives.
• Contact customers following sales to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and to resolve any pending issues or concerns.
• Manage orders, communicating and following up with customers. Provide account status updates including performance, recent account activities, challenges and other relevant topics as requested.
• Identify new sales opportunities with accounts and provide new item information and pricing.
• Attend outside sales meetings and take part in sales activities, as needed.
• Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts.
• Preferred industry experience in the Foodservice, Bakery, Route Sales and Beverage.
• Preferred sales experience.
• Entrepreneurial can-do attitude constantly looking for ways to improve.
• Out-going and have a passion for selling!
• Ability to create vision and strategy and make it come to life with actionable plans.
• Solutions oriented and customer focused. Have a proven track record of developing new business opportunities.
• Ability to penetrate and maximize existing accounts.
• Skilled in building and maintaining relationships.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Basic math skills.
• Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
• Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented and passion to excel.
• Flexible and solutions-oriented.
• High degree of business ethics.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Commission pay
• Driver’s License (Required)
Daily travel is required throughout the assigned territory.
Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish), but not required.
For additional job information, please email or call: